Sunday, July 6, 2008

Testimony of Fast Offering

I would like to share my testimony of fast offering. When we first started to pay fast offering we counted the amount for the meals and increased it some. Then there came a directive asking to double our offering so we did. Though the dollar amount wasn't much, for us at the time, it was a lot and tested our faith. We have always been blessed with good health, our needs met and a lot of our wants. Dad did well in what he chose for work. We have been watched over and protected with feelings of peace and security. When we doubled our offering we never decreased it and we doubled the whole amount never a partial. Partial payment shows a lack of faith in our Lord and brings no blessings. When Dad did very well I would go to him and ask if we could increase our fast offering. He had a hard time saying yes,the amount would be great and we would need to maintain the amount. After asking him twice I would increase it instead of asking a third time. Then he would see that he was doing better and say I could do it. I would tell him I already did; that's why he was doing better. At one time Dad ask me when I was going to stop doubling the amount. The Lord always blessed us so my answer was never! However, he sold his practice and out of necessity and practicality we decrease our fast offering when we decided to go on a mission. But, we did not stop paying the fast offering. I bear this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: